Our Vail trip was a smashing success! The kids came, and that ever ruled. We got to go for free because of my friend’s points in her Marriott Vacation Club. I’ve never been a huge fan of clubs, but this is one I can get behind; I’m looking into it this week. It’s kinda like a timeshare, but you don’t have a specific place you have to stay or a specific time you have to go each year. It sounds really cool. They have some Ritz and Hyatt properties, too. See? It’s a pretty stellar club.
We’re also getting Epic ski passes next year for the whole family. We should be making more of an effort when it comes to taking advantage of the mountains. It’s too much fun and so healthy for us, and I think once we take the plunge and put the money in, we’ll start really going for it.
If all goes as planned, we’ll get the Marriott Vacation Club alongside the ski passes, which would end up saving us so much money in overnight stays at resorts. Yes, please. That’s a win-win.
I know you’re on the edge of your seat wondering, and yes, we got the forestry job! We’re super excited and expect it to go smoothly. We’re taking care of the fire mitigation around a house in the mountains, and we start in May. I’m so looking forward to it, and I know Tag loves this stuff, so he’s stoked. If you need some fire mitigating, give me a shout!
Well, I had my first dose of vaccine today. I was nervous, but so far, so good, and I feel great. I know a couple who got theirs and one of them ended up getting Covid after. It’s rare for that to happen but possible. Anyway, the kids are so happy that I got it and feel more confident about life now, which is obviously important.
Anyway, the snow. I mean, I can’t take it anymore. I’m done with it. Being cold is not fun, but maybe skiing will help me enjoy it more—another reason to get out there.
I just got a great new listing that consists of two houses on one 5-acre lot. It would be an excellent place for an RV park, but I think we’re going to try selling it as residential or residential income. We’ll get some pictures taken and start the process soon, so I’ll keep you guys in the loop.
On another good note, I had closed the other day that defied time and space in quickness. It went crazy-fast. It was an FHA loan and the lender was totally on top of things, so we closed in less than three weeks. I’ll take that all day long.
On a more disappointing note, another land deal of mine was terminated. It’s sad news, but I’m okay. The buyer hadn’t seen the lot before making his offer, and when he did, he simply didn’t like it enough. So, yes, it’s a bummer, but it’s expensive to build in the mountains, so everyone needs to be totally prepared for that.
Over and out for this week, and looking forward to chatting next week! Stay safe. Be kind!
- A vacant land lot with mature coniferous trees, 2+ acres, private, within 20 minutes (15 would be better) of civilization; $300k. Or; all of the above with a rustic mountain modern ranch home; up to $800k.
- Horse property in Conifer or Pine with nice usable land and an indoor arena or a place to put one. Up to $1.2 Million.
- An ultra-modern home in Solterra within walking distance to the clubhouse would be great. Up to $1.4 million-ish.
- A top-of-the-line, open concept kitchen, dining family room in the Highlands Ranch area. Don’t want a mansion (under 7000 square feet) but are able to do $2 million+.
- Buyer looking in Conifer, Pine, Morrison, South Evergreen area for a nice size home (2000+ square feet) with Great internet. Up to $625k.
- One of my best buds is looking for the impossible, (you know who you are, Lisa). Dream home in Evergreen for under $700k. Imagine the Biltmore.
- Buyer looking in Pine, Conifer, Morrison area for a rustic cabin fixer upper. Well, and septic are kind of a must but we will look at anything.
- An amazing small business owner in Conifer, looking for a single-family home on a good size lot. Privacy is important, willing to fix up, must have a garage, ideally two separate living areas, and would like to be in the Conifer, Bailey, Pine, Morrison area. Around the mid $400s. No HOAs.