Happy Thursday, all! Hope you’re having a lovely day so far. I am. Even though I was up well past my bedtime last night. I had some dinner with a client who has become a friend, as well as our new houseguest. It was delightful.
We’re happy to have our friend from the UK back and staying with us. It’s a weird feeling, though, because it’s very familiar, but also not so familiar since they were gone for such a long time. I mean, it’s not like we’re living with a stranger or anything like that; it’s just so different. And then there are the mornings. They’re active. It’s nice, though, because he can help with the kids here and there, and lawd knows we could use that.
Example A: Sterling cut Kamper’s hair, and it’s ridiculous. It looks like the top of his head has been mowed with a tiny little lawnmower. Don’t ever trust more than 63 seconds of silence from your children. Things will be cut, burned, broken, crying, or demolished if you let it go to 64 seconds. And those are the best-case scenarios.
And another cautionary tale to those who work from home and want to live in the mountains: internet issues are no joke. I’m experiencing this with one of my clients now, and I’ve experienced it before. Be sure you have the mental stability to handle lots of buffering or have a Starbucks close by in case you don’t.
My assistant is doing great. I wanna move her on up real quick like. And I talked to a bookkeeper who I think will be a stellar addition to the team. Knowing all the details of incoming and outgoing financials will be good. Maybe I don’t have to work this hard! That’d be a plus.
The weather is cooling down, and it’s fantastic, am I right? Lots of Halloween events coming up! Loving it. Bridger is gonna be the color blue this year. He was orange a couple of years ago, so we need to outdo that because being orange for Halloween was a massive costume win, and believe me when I tell you, I did not see that coming. It was so good, though.
The schools are doing some cool events, but we need to get our act together for Halloween night. What are you guys up to? There’s a great trick-or-treat experience in Will- o-Wisp, but you have to take a shuttle in. Has anyone done that before? We usually go down to Applewood in Golden, and that’s always a fine time.
Colorado Realtor® Stuff
I have a foundation issue with one of my properties, and an expert suggested putting the house on pillars. That’s craziness. It’s such an expensive job. Luckily, we’ve found a new, more affordable solution, and I’m optimistic it’ll work for all parties on every level.
I have another house that’s on the market, and it’s a really nice place, but it has a terrible well, so we’re in the process of figuring that out and getting under contract soon!
My Ridge Road listing is back on the market. It’s been under contract twice. The first time it terminated, it was internet issues (see above). No biggie, though, we went under contract again immediately, but then wait, that one terminated because the woman decided the neighbor’s house was too close. Ummmm. It was right there when you saw it and decided you wanted it, so that’s kinda odd. I’m showing it again today, and you know what they say: third time’s the charm.
A client and I went to Westcliffe this week, and she liked the area a lot, so I think we’ll be headed back that way soon.
And, finally, I finished a certification program called Keller Offers. It’s pretty cool. It helps when it comes to cash offers for people who want to sell quickly, and it also gives loans out to homeowners for renovations. Keller Williams uses their own approved vendors, so the client doesn’t have to wade through the sea of contractors. It’s a great opportunity for people to work on their houses. I’m excited to be part of it.
Okay, guys and gals, check out my new video! I think I got the acting gene; I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’. (Completely joking, I can’t stand watching myself on film but it’s fun to do, also I know I need a new thumbnail).
Alright, all, thanks for taking the time to read this, and I’ll meet you here again next week. Enjoy!
- A vacant land lot with mature coniferous trees, 2+ acres, private, within 20 minutes (15 would be better) of civilization; $300k. Or; all of the above with a rustic mountain modern ranch home; up to $800k.
- An ultra-modern home in Solterra within walking distance to the clubhouse would be great. Up to $1.4 million-ish
- A top-of-the-line, open concept kitchen, dining family room in the Highlands Ranch area. Don’t want a mansion (under 7000 square feet) but are able to do $2 million+.
- Buyer looking in Conifer, Pine, Morrison, South Evergreen area for a nice size home (2000+ square feet) with great internet. Up to $625k.
- Buyer looking in Pine, Conifer, Morrison area for a rustic cabin fixer upper. Well, and septic is kind of a must but we will look at anything.
- An amazing small business owner in Conifer, looking for a single-family home on a good size lot. Privacy is important, willing to fix up, must have a garage, ideally two separate living areas, and would like to be in the Conifer, Bailey, Pine, Morrison area. Around the mid $400s. No HOAs.
View Featured Properties