My birthday surprise from Tag was a trip to Crestone and a clothing-optional hot springs experience. It was super fun for him to do something like that. It’s totally not him. But he knows me so well. Not that I’m a nudist, but it’s something that would definitely not bother me at all. We partook! It was nuts. Not sure we did it correctly because every time we got in a pool, the other people would leave? Cracks me up to think about it. Anyone out there aware of nudist etiquette? I need to know for next time.
Crestone is a funky little town. We stayed in the cutest Airbnb. My sister sent me NYC bagels and lox, so we ate that for breakfast and then had a fantastic lunch at this secret spot (don’t recall the real name, but the locals call it Taco Tuesday). Next up, we went to a tarot reading. Eye-opening. Everything was mostly good. It did say I’d have an encounter with an untrustworthy man. And Tag may have a physical setback like a broken ankle at some point. I guess if those are the two worst things that happen to us in the future, I can handle it.
We actually tried to look at a house that’s on the market in town, just for reference and curiosity. I called the agent to set it up, and she never got back to me. Still hasn’t. Not good, Crestone Agent, not good.
We also went to the Great Sand Dunes National Park
, and we hiked to the top of the dunes. It was a trek! I’m glad we did it, though, because we got to run down them in the uber-soft sand, faster than a speeding bullet. It was like we were flying. It was like we had superhuman running speed, and we absolutely had all the superhero vibes. Loved it. Also, it’s stunning. The desert is massive and enticing, and if you haven’t gone there, you gotta check it out. Surf the dunes if you’re up for it, too!
Taking a cue from Tag, I’ve decided to surprise my friend with a birthday event. It’s moi! She’s visited me a couple of times, and on the last one, I worked through a lot of it. So, I’m surprising her with a visit where I will remain present and engaged.
Tag starts his new job soon! We’re hoping he’ll get two weeks off between ending his current job and starting the new one. Whether it’s one or two weeks, all rests on the shoulders of his co-worker’s success in hunting an elk. If he gets one soon, he’ll be back early, and if he doesn’t get one, he’ll stay on the hunt longer. I feel like this is something that would happen in a small town in Canada. Or an episode of Fargo.
Kids and school are good. Bridger loves baseball and started playing the trombone in the band (currently sounds like a stressed-out donkey, praying for improvement with the quickness), and Sterling just started tae-kwon-do and is adorable in his little uniform.
Okay, so you know my friends who moved to England in January? They hate it, and they’re moving back. I, for one, am very delighted. I’m trying to convince them to move to the mountains. They’re renting. Let me know if you’ve got anything in the Pine, Bailey, Conifer area that I can win them over with! Family of four, outdoor cat.
My new website is up and running. VictoriaMerchant.com. This blog is now on the website with a new logo and some upcoming resources. Really excited, love you to wander around it and let me know your thoughts.
Colorado Realtor® Stuff
- I have one property under contract now, and we’re in the homestretch.
- Always have listings on the horizon that I’ll fill you in on once they’re in the bag.
- I’m talking with the developer again. This has been an eight-month love affair, and I hope it pays off..
- My back-and-forth client found a house in California and is settling nicely there, and I’m thrilled because although that was a stressful working relationship, I was always rooting for him, and I know you guys were, too.
- I’m talking to someone about doing some TV commercials and billboards. Not sure if I’d be on them, but it’d be kinda fun if so! Maybe a bench or two?
- A vacant land lot with mature coniferous trees, 2+ acres, private, within 20 minutes (15 would be better) of civilization; $300k. Or; all of the above with a rustic mountain modern ranch home; up to $800k.
- An ultra-modern home in Solterra within walking distance to the clubhouse would be great. Up to $1.4 million-ish
- A top-of-the-line, open concept kitchen, dining family room in the Highlands Ranch area. Don’t want a mansion (under 7000 square feet) but are able to do $2 million+.
- Buyer looking in Conifer, Pine, Morrison, South Evergreen area for a nice size home (2000+ square feet) with great internet. Up to $625k.
- Buyer looking in Pine, Conifer, Morrison area for a rustic cabin fixer upper. Well, and septic is kind of a must but we will look at anything.
- An amazing small business owner in Conifer, looking for a single-family home on a good size lot. Privacy is important, willing to fix up, must have a garage, ideally two separate living areas, and would like to be in the Conifer, Bailey, Pine, Morrison area. Around the mid $400s. No HOAs.
View Featured Properties