My mom is gone. We eventually did have one fight; it held off to the last day of her visit, though, so that’s impressive. Yesterday was really the worst day due to many factors. Fight with mom, a client wants to back out of a deal, a property terminated, walked into a tree the usual, run-of-the-mill bad day. And, yes, I literally walked straight into a tree. No blood, lots of pain.
I’m so happy about the sauna. It’s a lifesaver.
My friend (from 8th grade) was in town at the same time as my mom, and it was great, but I had five properties under contract, and I just worked so much. Toward the end, I was ready for it to be over because vacations that include me working make for stressful times. I think my friend is pretty mad at me for it and my mom, well, she’s always a little perturbed.
On the bright side, the kids are good. Bridger is being so well-behaved, and I’ll take that all day long. And Sterling is so cute. The norm. Oh, but I did decide to cancel my cruise since my mom canceled hers. I wanted to take Bridger, but it was so expensive. So, the four of us will do something as a family. We all want to go to Europe together. We have family and friends there that we’re dying to visit, so I’ll look into it.
I listened to a good book: Who is Maud Dixon? Recommend it. I’m stretched so thin, I’m so busy but, I’m glad I got this book in for a summer read/listen. Listening to books on tape in the car has really become my escape. Currently listening to Duma Key by Stephen King. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Cape Cod is coming up in a few weeks, and it can’t get here fast enough! It’s so needed. Over two years without seeing my sisters- not good. I’m down for many laughs with them. And, I’ll get to see Mom again, and we can mend the memory of our last day together on her visit with us. All good things to come.
Colorado Realtor® Stuff
I got a repeat client an amazing deal in the Foothills in Littleton. Don’t forget that Littleton does have places in the mountains! It’s always overlooked! It’s a great house, too!
And my Georgetown client found a house! It’s 5000 square feet with two outbuildings that have electricity and one even has water. It’s a big guy. This is the same client that said 3500 square feet is too big. She’s very excited, and she should be because it’s pretty stellar. We put 11 offers in on houses! 11! Thankfully, we were accepted on this one the day after we put our offer in. Proof that 11 times a charm. The kicker is that it was only on the market for 2 days and we still got it at the list price. I worked hard to make it happen but I was still a little surprised.
So, this is new; I have a client that decided they don’t want to sell their house anymore. I’ve never had something like this happen. Who knew the realtor biz could be so dramatic? It’s a real bummer if I’m honest.
Luckily though, I have people interested in my active listings and a few new listings coming soon. So, this is excellent news. Just keep me on my toes. Again, I’d like to give a shout-out to my sauna.
You guys have a wonderful week, keep on keepin’ on and all that and let’s talk here again next Thursday!
- A vacant land lot with mature coniferous trees, 2+ acres, private, within 20 minutes (15 would be better) of civilization; $300k. Or; all of the above with a rustic mountain modern ranch home; up to $800k.
- Horse property in Conifer or Pine with nice usable land and an indoor arena or a place to put one. Up to $1.2 Million.
- An ultra-modern home in Solterra within walking distance to the clubhouse would be great. Up to $1.4 million-ish.
- A top-of-the-line, open concept kitchen, dining family room in the Highlands Ranch area. Don’t want a mansion (under 7000 square feet) but are able to do $2 million+.
- Buyer looking in Conifer, Pine, Morrison, South Evergreen area for a nice size home (2000+ square feet) with great internet. Up to $625k.
- One of my best buds is looking for the impossible, (you know who you are, Lisa). Dream home in Evergreen for under $700k. Imagine the Biltmore.
- Buyer looking in Pine, Conifer, Morrison area for a rustic cabin fixer upper. Well, and septic is kind of a must but we will look at anything.
- An amazing small business owner in Conifer, looking for a single-family home on a good size lot. Privacy is important, willing to fix up, must have a garage, ideally two separate living areas, and would like to be in the Conifer, Bailey, Pine, Morrison area. Around the mid $400s. No HOAs.
View Featured Properties