Well, golfing lessons are going… interesting. Who knew hitting a golf ball at an un-embarrassing distance would be so hard? I’m not sure I love it if I’m honest, but it’s fun to spend time with Tag.
Saturday was busy. After picking up trash on the side of 285 for a couple hours we had that concealed carry class I’ve been talking about. It went well; lots of people showed up. I do think it will make me feel more confident since I’m sometimes in less-than-savory situations when showing houses. It’ll be good for hiking solo too, which I really enjoy doing.
Bridger had a tournament last weekend; they won one and lost one. He’s doing really well and getting better and better. I think he’s feeling proud of himself, and that’s always nice to see.
And, seriously, summer break is starting tomorrow. How the $%^#?
My Colorado Real Estate Activity
It’s been BUSY! I currently have five properties under contract and two listings on the horizon. I’m super grateful but drained.
The Louisville listing went live last week. After all-day showings last Friday and a complete renovation, we ended up getting multiple offers and over $100K+ over-asking. Needless to say, my clients are thrilled.
I have another closing coming up next week, and that’s going well (after some challenges). I submitted an offer for another client. He really wants this place, but it’s a bit overpriced. We’ve had a lot of back and forth, so we took a step back. They just reached out again with another counter, and we sent in a new offer, yet again. The saga continues…
Slight bump in market activity this last week, expect a slower weekend heading into Memorial Day.
Showings and pending units for sale tend to decrease by 30% over this coming weekend.
Current Denver Area Real Estate Market
Slight bump in market activity this last week, expect a slower weekend heading into Memorial Day
• Our average daily active count rose another 3.6% with 4,517 total listings for sale, 1,273 of which were new listings. New listings increased week over week by 8.8% and compared to one year ago new listings are down -26.4% keeping inventory choices tight in 2023. Pending transactions rose from last week by 10.5% with 1,093 listings going under contract.
• Months of inventory remained at a 1.0 month of supply in the 7 metro counties. When this number is below 1 month of inventory it signals that multiple offers are more likely since there are more buyers in the market than homes to sell. The market is hotter and colder geographically with hotter areas in the inner land-locked suburbs running around the inside ring of C-470 and cooler in areas of new
construction, Central Denver and in the outer ring suburbs outside of C-470.
• The Odds of Selling remained increased slightly to 62.4% when listing last week in the next 30 days. Overall, May’s average Odds of Selling from 2013-2019 was 58.2%. Even in light of higher interest rates
demand outpaces the previous cycle, excluding pandemic years, and continues to be a competitive market.
• Based on demand from last week to put our market into balance with a 6 month supply of inventory we would need to have 28,527 total listings available for sale which puts us at 15.8% of balance.
• While only 14,802 showings were set last week, averaging 3.2 shows per property, buyers were slightly less serious in looking at 14 homes before putting them under contract in a median of 8 days..
•The rate of price reductions remained flat this week at 25.8% of units going under contract having to make price reductions. Price reduction size was slightly smaller this week at -4.8% off the original price.
- EDGE - People, Pets and Places- Get ready to see some amazing artwork that would look incredible in the new home you buy with me!
- School’s OUT! May Camps: Tuesday AM (K – 6th Grade)- Need a little break on the first day of no school? Can’t say I blame you. Sign up your kid and take a reprieve.
- Free Youth Football Clinic- Are your kids interested in football? You may wanna send them to this clinic to make sure they’re ready.
- Weekend Hikers...Plus- Camaraderie. Conversation. Fresh Air & Exercise? Yes, please.
- Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show- Riverdance is in Denver, and it’s a true sight to behold for the whole family!